University Exemplary Department or Program Award
The University Exemplary Department or Program Award recognizes the work of departments and/or programs that maintain exemplary teaching and learning environments for students and faculty. With this award, the university publicly honors the collaborative efforts and successes of a group of dedicated colleagues - actively performing work that is essential for sustaining a truly excellent academic environment. The University Exemplary Department or Program Awards are given in recognition that the academic excellence of individuals is achieved within distinctive working and learning environments to which many individuals contribute in essential ways. A total of $40,000 will be available for awards to the department(s) and/or program(s) as to be determined by the selection committee drawn from the university community.
The awards program was established as a part of the university's Faculty Rewards Project, a project which seeks to clarify the expectations of faculty and define appropriate rewards for accomplishments.
Each year, the Exemplary Department or Program Award focuses on a different theme. This year, departments and/or programs will be recognized for collaborating beyond department/program boundaries for exceptional student learning.
Nominations are invited from students, faculty, or others who have benefited from the work of the nominated department(s) or program(s). Nomination packets must include
- A nomination letter addressing three questions:
- Generally, how has your department/program demonstrated exemplary teaching and learning environments for students and faculty?
- Specifically, how has your department/program collaborating beyond department/program boundaries for exceptional student learning?
- How will your department/program maintain its dedication to collaborating beyond department/program boundaries for exceptional student learning?
- Letters of support from current and former faculty, students, administrators, agencies, and other beneficiaries, focused on the achievements of the department/program relative to this year's theme.
Nomination materials are due on Thursday, October 18, 2018 at 5 p.m.
2019: Exemplifying inclusive excellence in teaching and learning.