Adjunct/Contingent Faculty Development Program
The Adjunct/Contingent Faculty Development Program is new program being piloted by the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning for Spring 2022. The program is designed to
- Inform adjunct faculty of important policies and procedures relevant to their teaching at the institution
- Offer and list resources that support adjuncts’ work at the institution
- Advise adjunct faculty on instructional practices that build welcoming and supportive learning environments for Virginia Tech students
- Create a space for adjunct faculty to network, ask questions, and receive peer feedback and support
To help adjunct faculty start the semester off strong, the bulk of instructional programming will be offered in early January in a hybrid format (mix of synchronous Zoom sessions and asynchronous work). Afterwards, the program will hold monthly check-ins where participants can discuss timely issues, ask questions, and offer feedback and support.
For Spring 2022, the program will meet over Zoom on the following dates. If you would like to participate but may not be able to attend synchronous sessions, please email email@example.com about options for participation.
Dates and Times for Pre-Semester Programming:
January 10, 4:00-5:00 p.m.
January 11, 4:00-5:00 p.m.
January 12, 4:00-5:00 p.m.
January 13, 4:00-5:00 p.m.
January 14, 4:00-5:00 p.m.
Dates and Times for Monthly Check-ins:
January 26, 12:00-1:00 p.m.
February 23, 12:00-1:00 p.m.
March 23, 12:00-1:00 p.m.
April 20, 12:00-1:00 p.m.
Program meetings will address issues regarding
- Relevant institutional policies
- Instructional strategies
- Student learning/experience considerations
- Available resources and services
- Instructional technology
Who Can Participate
Anyone who is currently serving, or will be soon, in an adjunct or contingent faculty role at Virginia Tech.
How to Register
Register for the Adjunct/Contingent Faculty Development Program.