The Academy for Experiential Learning will …
- Serve as a conceptual hub for research, resources and best practices for experiential learning in the areas of undergraduate research, internships, service-learning, and study abroad.
- Facilitate effective communication between faculty, staff, and students regarding experiential learning opportunities, resources, and best practices.
- Provide workshops and other spaces to form an on-going, community of scholars where faculty can share and learn from one another regarding pedagogies, concerns, and successes related to experiential learning, as well as assist one another in developing new experiential learning opportunities to be incorporated into the curriculum.
- Assess experiential learning initiatives and provide feedback to encourage the on-going improvement of experiential learning at Virginia Tech.
- Recognize exemplar departments and faculty who are doing experiential learning well and can serve as a standard for other departments.